PREP 15mins COOK 30mins SERVES 4
3 x chicken breast fillets, trimmed
400ml (1can) coconut cream
500ml (2cups) of chicken stock
6 kaffir lime leaves
¼ cup of fish sauce
1 pack of vermicelli noodles
1 cup poaching liquid
2 tbsp of sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
Chilli (birds eye and Cayenne) – chopped
- In a large pot, heat on high, combine chicken stock, coconut cream, fish sauce, kaffir lime leaves and bruised lemongrass. Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down low, add in your chicken and let simmer until cooked through. Set the timer to about 15mins.
- While the chicken is poaching, let’s rehydrate those noodles. Place the vermicelli noodles in a bowl and boil some water. Pour it over the noodles and let it sit until soft. Should take about 5 - 7mins. Once soft, drain and rinse well with some cold tap water. Set aside.
- Prepare your salad, cut up cherry tomatoes, cucumber and prepare mint leaves.
- Once your chicken is cooked, turn off the heat and take it out to let cool on the chopping board. Once cooled, take 2 forks and shred your chicken!
- Next, take 1 cup of poaching liquid for the dressing! Add in your sugar and stir until dissolved, followed by some lime juice, salt and chopped chilli. Stir through and taste. Adjust to taste and add in some of your shredded chicken. Set aside in the fridge/freezer to cool. (optional)
- Toast your peanuts in a pan until golden, then transfer to a mortar and pestle and lightly pound.
- READY TO SERVE!
In a mixing bowl add your vermicelli noodles, tomatoes, cucumber and peanuts.
Followed by your shredded chicken and dressing!
Give it a good mix and serve it in a pretty bowl!
Finish off with fried shallots, extra mint leaves and chilli!
If you have some poaching liquid left over, KEEP IT!
Put it in the fridge or freezer for another meal.
I cooked my jasmine rice with it was so lovely and fragrant! So yum!!
Enjoy and remember to tag me in your creations! @msbbanks